EMILE CORDON – MIRACLE LIP BALMS
If you’ve followed my blog for a while now you may remember that I featured the exquisite brand, Emile Cordon, and 2 of their sumptuous lip balms last year! Well, I have my hands on 6 of their newest launches and I’m super excited to share them with you! (You can find my previous post ‘here’ for more info on Emile Cordon)
If like me you tend to opt for a balm over a lipstick then you’re going to fall in love with these splendid little pots, more so as 4 of the Miracle Lip Balms come as a 2-in-1! Read on…
The beauty of the original Cashmere-On Lip Pots went far beyond their appearance, it was the texture, the formula AND their unique scent. The Miracle Lip Balms are equally sublime, and the notable difference between the collections is the new Black & Gold packaging. Still so elegant and attractive in appearance, one that makes you want to carry the box around as it looks too expensive to throw away.
So, within this Miracle Lip Balm range, Emile Cordon has produced a new line known as the ‘Haute Couture’ collection. There are four shades in this line, all of which have an alluring scent of Rose Champagne & Strawberry Leaves, very delectable!
As I mentioned above, what makes these 4 balms unique is that not only can you add a wash of colour to your lips, you can also pop them on to your cheeks for a matching flush! The 2-in-1 lip and cheek tints contain Kukui Nut Oil, Almond Oil, Vitamin E, Squalane to nourish, soften and protect your pout.
The colour payoff varies dependent upon the shade you choose and all four are buildable so you can decide on the intensity.
The formula is extremely comfortable wear and adds a lovely youthful glow to the cheeks, ideal for that no-makeup makeup look! When I wear minimal makeup I want the face to look fresh, dewy and glowy so I choice creamy based products and these 2-in-1 pots are a great addition to my makeup bag.
- Charlotte – This appears to be a vivid true Red shade within the pot but is much more subtle upon swatching – which pleases me. It is definitely buildable though and wouldn’t overwhelm the cheeks like you might expect.
- Madison Queen – Much more of an Umber Orange shade, this one is the deepest colour and gave the most colour payoff.
- Chic Chic Boom – Inside the pot, this ones appears to be an intense Coral shade but actually more-so resembles the natural lip colour when applied, which I could see many people really enjoying! This would be my favourite pairing for both the lips and cheeks.
- Powdered Rose – A gorgeous rose pink shade that adds a healthy flush to your lips. I’m not usually a fan of Pink with my complexion, I’m more of a fan of peachy tones but I’ve found this is one I’m using the most!
Back row left to right: Madison Queen, Rosé Imperial, Chic Chic Boom
Front row left to right: St. Barts Soleil, Powdered Rose, Charlotte
The last two balms I selected were based on their mouth-watering scents!
- St Barts Soleil – Fresh Coconut, Pineapple, Vanilla Accord (this smells like a mix of the tropical Caribbean and a scrumptious cake! It’s my ultimate favourite balm and has no colour, just a high glossy shine)
- Rosé Imperial – Sparkling Rose Champagne, Fresh Tea Rose, Charming Vanilla (very reminiscent of the chilled pink bubbly so many love!)
Attached below are some swatches of the 6 balms on my arm, please note that this image doesn’t do them justice as they sit much more vividly on the lips than they do on the arm.
Left to right: Charlotte, Powdered Rose, St. Barts Soleil, Chic Chic Boom, Rosé Imperial, Madison Queen.
Each pot contains a generous 0.42 .oz/ 12g, and are relatively expensive BUT you most certainly get what you pay for! Emile Cordon doesn’t just produce a ‘lip balm’, it’s an experience. Each pot contains active ingredients to not only add a shine to your lips but to care for them, nourish them and keep them comfortably hydrated all day every day!
The Haute Couture collection retails at $65 each, and the remaining Miracle Lip Balms retails for $54 each. Emile Cordon has kindly given my followers a 10% discount code to use at the checkout: SHONAGH