BETTER THAN ROSES
This week Melt Cosmetics released their Better Than Roses collection and I received their limited edition Valentines Day packaging which is insanely pretty! Pink and White, an uplifting change from the dark and alternative style Melt as known for.
Pictured above are two Digital Dust Highlighters from the collection. This is are extremely pigmented and glide on intensely with one swipe. These are just as alluring on the skin as they are in the pressed form, with that exquisite script imprint.
- Phoenix is a gorgeous rosy copper shade! It would work brilliantly as a highlighter on medium to deep skin tones but this doubles as a blush and therefore suitable for all skin tones. Anyone with a smooth skin texture will adore this shade across the cheeks as it adds both colour and lustre!
- Pink Moon is a Rosé Pink that adds a bubbly glow to the cheeks! Again, suitable for everyone and is a nice contrast to Phoenix. This is probably my favourite of the two as it’s more universal and can be worn alone without contour for that Glass-like skin!
There are 3 NEW Liquid Set Lipsticks in this collection and in very contrasting shades. The formula is a comfortable matte finish that doesn’t crack and lasts ALL day! They have a distinctive scent, as with all of Melts liquid lipsticks, I believe it may be Vanilla but it does remind me of playdough.
TIP – I’ve found the easiest and most efficient way to remove these long-lasting lipsticks is run soap (handsoap works best but don’t get it in your mouth, trust me, it doesn’t taste as good as it smells!) onto the lipstick and gently work it in circle motions until it starts to break-up. It may appear as though it’s not going anywhere but wipe over it with a tissue and almost all of it will go in one swipe!
- Gwendolyn is a burn Coral shade, sitting within the nude spectrum it’s one for those of you that like to wear colour but nothing too bright! It’s still punchy and super pigmented but on the nude side – my favourite.
- B Movie is a shocking Pink! You can’t not be noticed when wearing this on your lips, it draws your eyes straight to the lips. This would look fab with Black-winged liner and some fluffy cluster lashes!
- Sequel is a deep Plum shade! Wear this with colour with confidence as it’s a statement lip that is dark & mysterious. It would be amazing for a night out paired with lashings of mascara!
Better Than Roses can be purchased as a collection but Melt also sell the products individually, so if a particular item takes your fancy you can save your pennies rather than splurging on the entire lot.
The collection value is worth $135/£104.76 but is at a steal of $80/£62.08 on the Melt Cosmetics website.